Monday, June 22, 2009

Sweet...peas!

So the Cambridge Farmer's Market opened last Wednesday for the first time this year. Some of us wandered over during the day to see what was in stock. The season's first strawberries had arrived, but the sweetest ones are yet to come I think... (by the way, check out the patch growing in the School's Community Garden, it puts my own strawberry patch to shame. I'm berry jealous indeed.)

But the fab find of the week was most definitely Sweet Peas...and we've decided they're the perfect snack food. Why, you ask?

- they're green (=good for you)
-they're little things you can eat a lot of
-they keep your hands busy
-they're sweet
-they're crunchy
-they're cute
-kids like them!
- and best of all, there's no cooking, prepping, washing, slicing, dicing, or dishes

I thought about throwing them in the pan with some other veggies this weekend, but I couldn't do it...they're too perfect on their own.

No comments:

Post a Comment